Part 1: In this tutorial, we’ll create an Instance on EC2 and launch it.
If already have an Instance, go to Part2 for ssh connection.
- Go to AWS and login.
- Go to EC2 and click “Launch Instance”
- Choose an AMI ( This tutorial uses ubuntu-trusty-14.04-amd64-server-20150325)
- Choose an Instance type (This can be modified later, for now choose t2.micro)
- Configure Instance Details (Go by default)
- Add Storage if necessary
- Tag Instance ( Key-Value pair, set Name value to recognize this instance from others on Dashboard)
- Choose Security Group ( We’ll try ssh access later, so make sure you have SSH. You have static IP in your local machine, you can add that here, if not choose “Anywhere”. *Note that this is not secure. You might wanna add HTTP and DB. Do not forget to set Security Group Name for later use)